Directors' Meeting Minutes - March, 2021

 


DATE and HOUR:  Thursday, March 18, 2021 at 9:00 a.m.


PLACE:  Via Zoom  -  Residents were notified of the Board meeting and invited to join.


BOARD MEMBERS: Peggy Noethlich, President 

              Lee Worthy, Vice President

              Marilyn Herst, Secretary

              Kathy Anderson, Treasurer 

              Doug Gray, Member-at-Large


MINUTES:  Alice Dickey


CALL TO ORDER: President Noethlich called the meeting to order at 9:07 a.m.


QUORUM:  Alice Dickey confirmed all 5 Board members were present.  


PRIOR MEETING MINUTES:  Marilyn Herst made a motion to approve February Minutes as written, Kathy Anderson seconded, all in favor, motion passed.

CORRESPONDENCE:  

1. Alice Dickey reported had received notices from Bank of the Pacific that two CDs would mature on March 9, 2021.

2. Alice Dickey said the information for the annual audit was sent to CPA on February 26th.  Received draft audit by email yesterday.


GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS:

1.  For the record:  Peggy Noethlich said there is an April 13, 2021 court date for the lawsuit.  

2. For the record:  Peggy asked for a motion to establish a litigation committee comprising of Norm Culbert, Peggy Noethlich, and Richard Walsh to act on behalf of the Association in the matter of this lawsuit.  Lee Worthy made the motion, Kathy Anderson seconded, all in favor, motion passed.  Peggy to write a letter to establish the committee, will send around for Board signatures. (Copy attached to these Minutes)   Marilyn Herst asked if the Committee would be covered under Creekside’s insurance.  Peggy had checked with CAU, yes, committee is covered.


STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS:  

Architecture:  Richard Walsh said nothing new to report except have two new committee members – John M. and Rick N.

Hospitality:  Peggy reported for Mary Robbins [...].  Monthly Zoom happy hour is working out nicely, had 12 attendees at last social hour. Will continue until weather gets better and can possibly meet in driveways. Mary also wanted everyone to know Paul B. is now in Hospice, but still would like to have visitors. 

Landscape:  Marilyn Herst said aeration of lawns has started today, all residents except one have been notified.  Lawnboy will do their organic fertilization around the end of the month, will be good timing for the aeration.  Received 2 bids for tree limbing, will be getting further clarification on some items.  Got the stump grinding bid, will be around $2,000 ($5,000 in budget). Took down a dying photinia and crabapple, bill received/approved.  Water leak by Wilder (2006 Lane), Peggy said if it’s on the berm is probably the storm drain, she’ll check it.  Doug Gray has put drip water system on some of the newer plants by his unit.

RV:  Lee Worthy said still have the five 25’ spaces.

Welcome:  No report, no new people.


FINANCIAL STATUS REPORT: 

Treasurer, Kathy Anderson, said in process of updating signature cards at the banks. Peoples Bank complete, important because has the checking accounts.  Credit card application complete – Alice will be the keeper of the card, to be used mainly for Zoom account since only takes credit cards, has set a limit of $1,000 on the card. Will discuss at April workshop any other possible uses for the card. The two Bank of the Pacific CD’s that were going to mature have been rolled over for a year, an additional CD will mature the end of March.  Budget variance on the Operations side was from $775 for snow removal in Unanticipated Expenses, also $14,000 for tree damage (2108 Circle) which is offset by payment from the insurance company.  On the Reserves side there a $3,800 Unanticipated Expense for 2104 Circle tree damage, which is below the insurance deductible. Kathy stated that at the March 9th Creekside workshop Vice-President Lee Worthy suggested that former Treasurer Norm Culbert be the one to engage Samdal & Associates to do the Reserve Study due to his work and experience on this project – the rest of the Board agreed.  

Norm Culbert said he has been working on the Reserve Study.  Samdal has been sent check for half the cost ($1,600) to get on his schedule, also sent was the Agreement, Property Input sheets, financials (new Balance Sheet, new Income & Expense Sheet, Budget Comparison, Reserve balance by category). Also paperwork showing his figures verses our actual costs. Norm said all documentation requested has been sent.  Expect to hear from Samdal soon as to when he will do the on-site walk around.  Lee Worthy thanked Norm for the work putting all the information together.


PROJECT STATUS REPORTS:

Gutters:   Doug Gray has received 3 bids for the 38 buildings – Watermark Gutters $134.163, Mt. Baker Roofing $139,025, and Axis Gutters $182,779.  Watermark and Mt. Baker both have 5 year warranty, Axis is 1 year.  Watermark was the easiest to work with.  Watermark does seamless corners, no straps, hand cut, sealed, last life of gutter. Bids include installation of 203 filters, Creekside to purchase.  Filters not needed on all downspouts. Cost for 192 filters (we have 18) would be $7,536 including tax and shipping.  Board members have looked at a job Watermark had done in Mt Vernon.  Some discussion whether to do budgeted amount ($55,000) or do all at the same time.  Peggy said would like to set an executive meeting to discuss how to proceed on the gutters – meeting set for March 23rd. 

Roads:  Norm Culbert said he expects a second bid from Hunziger (sp?) in the next few days.  He has addresses for work they did in Bellingham, which could be looked at if bid is of interest.  Per Dick Walsh no update on fiber optics at this time.

Moss Removal:  Peggy gave report [...].  Original treatment on roofs not working, has been found a 30% bleach solution works the best to kill moss.  Per contract 7 roofs will be retreated for free – with the 30% bleach solution.  Brad Fowler has been sprinkling granules on roofs as he does the inspections, seems to be helping. An additional 7 buildings have been identified that need treatment ($200 each), plus some just need spot treatment.  Once dead would need to decide if want to do a soft pressure wash to remove dead moss - $1,600 per building.  Lee Worthy made motion to have Issah re-treat the original buildings, treat the additional 7 buildings at $200 each, plus spot treat where identified.  Doug Gray seconded, all in favor, motion passed.


ADJOURNMENT: 


Kathy Anderson made motion to adjourn, Lee Worthy seconded, all in favor, meeting adjourned at 10:25 a.m.

Respectfully submitted,

Alice Dickey

HOA Administrator