Directors Meeting Minutes - January, 2020

DATE:  Thursday, January 21, 2021 

PLACE:  Via Zoom  -  Residents were notified of the Board meeting and invited to join.

BOARD MEMBERS:  Kathy Anderson, President 

              Marilyn Herst, Vice President

              Peggy Noethlich, Secretary

              Norm Culbert, Treasurer 

              Lee Worthy, Member-at-Large

MINUTES:  Alice Dickey

CALL TO ORDER:  President Anderson called the meeting to order at 8:30.

QUORUM:  Alice Dickey confirmed all 5 Board members were present.  

PRIOR MEETING MINUTES:  Peggy Noethlich made a motion to approve December Minutes with the approved budget attached.  Marilyn Herst seconded, all in favor, motion passed.


Notice from Bank of the Pacific that a $50,000 CD was maturing on 12/30/20.  Norm has renewed it for 3 months.

Discussion about items going into packet for Annual Meeting - any changes needed, additions, proxies, etc.

FINANCIAL REPORT:  Norm Culbert said he was pleased with changes made to accounting during his terms, much more transparent than in the past.  Will be finishing his budget report for the packet later today, has a few questions for Alice.


For the record – Kathy stated Dave Wenning has created “Guidelines for Authors” for the website, see below.  Board members discussed this at the workshop.  Will not be part of Rules & Regulations because is something that will evolve over time.  Kathy does want this adopted formally so have a record in the Minutes.  Peggy Noethlich made a motion to adopt the Guideline for Authors, Lee Worthy seconded, all in favor, motion passed.  Dave Wenning not in attendance, Kathy will let him know document adopted.  


Architecture:  Dick Walsh said nothing new during the past month.  Still in a holding pattern for the [proposed] deck. 

Hospitality:  Karen Ryan said they are planning on another virtual Happy Hour on February 10th, notice will be going out.

Landscape:  Marilyn Herst said she has talked with Riley of Simply Yards, told him he may want to bring an extra truck to haul out storm debris.  They will cut up the photinia that fell over in the storm.  Getting close to time when they will start tree trimming, when get dates will let people know.  They will repair tire track holes in the lawn across from 2116 Lane at the cost of $150 – much discussion.  Gretchen McIndoe said they are still working with Jennifer of Lawnboy on the ingredients she wants to use in the different applications. They have a Landscape request for 1902 Place – dead rhody had been removed, also a vine maple and a Clark’s maple.  Wanted to get some replacements.  Marilyn said Surety Pest has started their “green” spray.

RV:  Lee Worthy said nothing new to report.  Still have 5 of the 25” spaces available.  A piece of good news – had a large limb come down in the storm, didn’t hit anything.  Simply Yards has cleaned up the debris.

Welcome:  Dick Walsh said Carolyn has talked with [...] 2017 Circle) and [...] 1817 Lane.


Sprinkler System:  Norm said person that will be doing “as-built” still out of town.  He’s talked with supplier to see if prices were holding, they are.

Roads:  Norm thanked Dick and Lee for going with him to check out samples of paving jobs done by one of the contractors Norm has been talking to for Creekside roads. They looked at four different places, talked with some of the people.  Got good reviews on the company (Blacktop).

Gave the other Board members the address of the place close to Skagit Airport in case they wanted to take a look.  Norm will send Board members copies of the bid ($64,398) and other paperwork they have. Bid includes crack fill, replace bad section in Place, seal coat, and redo lines.  Comment was made this would be a good time to threaten the residents with speed bumps.

Maintenance & Repairs:  Peggy Noethlich said a tree fell on 2104 Circle.  Olsen took the tree off, will be approximately $1,500.  Brad Fowler has secured the roof so no further damage will be done, his bid to repair the damage is $3,368 + tax.  The total will be under the $5,000 insurance deductible.


Court case:  Norm said there is an April court date, hopefully it will take place.  Our side has asked for an in-person jury trial.

ADJOURNMENT:  Lee Worthy made motion to adjourn, Norm Culbert seconded, all in favor, meeting adjourned at 9:35.

Respectfully submitted,

Alice Dickey

HOA Administrator
Creekside Village Homeowners’ Association

Editor's Comment:  [...] indicates edits or redactions to preserve member privacy

Guidelines for Authors:

The Creekside Village Homeowners’ Association (HOA) encourages community residents to contribute articles and photos to the website.  The website belongs to the community.  The internet is an information and entertainment medium.  Thus, articles may be either informative, entertaining or both.  Humor is always welcome, and unique writing styles will be valued.  This will not be a contest, it is not schoolwork and articles will not be judged or graded.  There’s a writer lurking in everyone.  Jot down some thoughts and let the creative juices flow.

Subjects may include, but are not limited to travels, experiences, traditions, biographies, hobbies and interests, favorite books, movies or music, personal artwork, short fiction and verse, as examples.  Articles need not be, nor should be excessively long.  The internet acronym TL:DR stands for “too long, didn’t read.”

The internet is also primarily a visual medium.  This is why photos, drawings and other illustrations are encouraged for articles. 

We cannot publish anonymous articles.  To assure quality of the website and content responsibility, each article will include a byline with the author’s first and last name.  Please remember, articles will be posted on the internet and will be accessible for anyone to view.  Think of it as you would something published in your newspaper that is available for all to read and enjoy. 

The following are not permitted:

    a. Content appearing to promote a commercial or professional product or service.

    b. Content appearing to promote personal ideologies, beliefs, doctrines or values.

    c. Profanity.

    d. Sexually explicit content.

    e. Content appearing to promote activities which are illegal or unethical.

    f. Content which could engender legal liability for the HOA.

Complements or complaints about HOA-provided services should be directed to the Board of Directors.

Generally, articles following these guidelines will be published as submitted.  The Website Administrator may gently edit articles for grammar, content, clarity and conciseness.  Suggestions for improving the article may be offered.  We want both you and the website to look good.

Images submitted for articles should be personal, original images.  Please submit photos in either JPG or PNG format.  No animated GIFs please.  Pulling images from the internet is discouraged to avoid copyright infringement.  If such images are desired, please contact the Website Administrator for instructions to ensure that proper permissions and/or attribution takes place. 

Photos may be edited to improve color, lighting and clarity, to reduce size or to remove distracting elements.   

Videos may be submitted with articles as appropriate.  Please check with the Website Administrator to make sure the format is compatible with the website platform.

Please submit articles to the Website Administrator in either Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) format format.

Questions about these guidelines may be directed to the Website Administrator using the email form in the sidebar of the website.